In this episode of The Notable Woman Podcast, I interview Associate Dean Jennifer Cole from Gettysburg College about how she keeps creativity in her life.
Jennifer Cole is a gift of a human, and I am so excited to introduce her to you in this episode! She is the Associate Dean of Academic Advising at Gettysburg College, and in this episode of the podcast, we talk about her career in academic advising, the differences (or lack thereof) in college students over her tenure in higher education, and her creative activities. The main focus stays with her creative activities and what they teach her about herself, her work, and how she approaches the world. We also talk about the creative activities Jennifer did with her mother, who had recently passed away when we recorded this episode, and how that was reflected in her recreating her mother’s wedding dress for her own wedding. This is a great episode for creatives, parents, anyone working with college students, and anyone who has a creative practice or is looking to start one.
IN THIS EPISODE, I EXPLORE:
- Jen’s time at Gettysburg College
- What has or hasn’t changed in college students over Jen’s time in higher education
- Learning your own voice as a free-thinking being and how that does or doesn’t happen in college
- The process of recreating Jen’s mother’s wedding dress for her own wedding
- Being kind to ourselves in the words we use
I hope you enjoy this episode as much as I did creating it. You can listen now, right here from this webpage by clicking the play button below.
Prefer Apple Podcasts? Android user? Go to Overcast here or Google Podcasts here. Pocket Casts? Radio Public? Something else? And of course, if you loved the episode, a review is always appreciated!
EPISODE RESOURCES INCLUDE (affiliate links included):
- Gettysburg College
- Lev Vygotsky’s Theory of Zone of Proximal Development
- Suzanne’s Bridal Shop in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
- My email tool: Active Campaign
- My online meeting tool: Zoom
A BOOK RECOMMENDATION FOR YOU:
- The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey
- In the Time of the Butterflies by Julia Alvarez
If you liked this episode, check out:
The Super U Summit A MINIMALIST APPROACH TO NUTRITION AND WELLNESS with Bianca Osbourne (must join group to watch the video)
Support the podcast
People like you keep The Notable Woman alive through your Patreon support! There are great perks at every level, starting from just $2/month.
PEOPLE WHO SUPPORT MY WORK THROUGH THEIR WORK:
Leave a voicemail for The Notable Woman!
The Notable Woman Website
If you’re viewing these show notes from one of the platforms the podcast is distributed to, head on over to the website at www.yournotablelife.com for more resources, additional episodes, and more!